Costa Del Mar 580 lenses were designed by in-house light spectrum experts to enhance colors because standard sunglass lenses fell short. The lens’ multipatented technology manages light by:
1. Absorbing Harmful High-Energy Blue Light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- In addition to 100% protection from UV light, 580 technology also absorbs HEV light known to cause macular degeneration, pterygium, cataracts and other eye diseases.
2. Enhancing Reds, Greens, and Blues
- Blocking harsh yellow light at 580 nm on the visible light spectrum boosts the amounts of red, greens and blues naturally, enhancing colors and contrast
3. Filtering Out Harsh Yellow
- For enhanced color, sharper contrast and higher definition
580G - Lightwave Glass - has superior clarity and unmatched scratch resistance
--Glass Provides the Best Clarity and Optics
--The Mirror Treatments are encapsulated and protected in between the glass layers so the mirror treatments are impossible to scratch.
--20% Thinner and 22% Lighter than any other Polarized Glass in the market.
History of Costa Del Mar:
Costa Del Mar or simply Costa is an American manufacturer of polarized sunglasses based in Daytona Beach, Florida. Costa Del Mar was founded in 1983 by Ray Ferguson in Daytona Beach. By 1986, it was the official gear of the Stars & Stripes team in America's Cup yacht racing contest and quickly became popular among surfers and recreational fishermen due to its sun glare protection
Costa Del Mar Zipper Case, Microfiber Cloth, and Literature Included with Shipment