Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey® Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of less than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey® Systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals. Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey® Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. If desired, Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey® Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confident- Take control of your tap water. Berkey® water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
- Loving every sip- When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure- Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey® water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered- Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey® water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Travel Berkey® System
The 1.5 gallon Travel Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, and is ideal for 1-3 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 1.5 gallons of purified water
- Produces up to 2.75 gallons per hour*
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements standard
- System is 7.5" in diameter x 18" in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 7 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
*Flow rate is calculated with the upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Included in the box:
- Upper and lower chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
Berkey® Purification Elements Test Results
BLACK BERKEY® PURIFICATION ELEMENTS
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are powerful water purifiers, they are not simple filters. They are powerful enough to purify both contaminated municipal tap water as well as untreated, questionable water from harsh sources such as lakes, rivers, streams and ponds.
Berkey® systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and radiologicals.
Two Black Berkey® Purification Elements in a Berkey® system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended.